Wireless setup

PatrickJB 17:56 04 Dec 09

I have Virgin broadband, with a cable modem, which works well with my Compaq PC, running Windows XP.

I have recently installed a D-Link wireless router and a Netgear wireless adaptor (both supplied by Virgin). These are talking to each other - a pop-up on the screen confirms this and says that the signal strength is excellent.

When I disconnect the final hard link between the router and the PC, however, I can no longer access the internet. I suspect that this is simply because my browsers are not set up for wireless. I usually use Firefox, and sometimes Opera and IE. any hints on this please?

mgmcc 20:12 04 Dec 09

The fact that you have an excellent signal doesn't necessarily mean that you have "Connected" (as in "Logged In") to the wireless network.

You need to scan for "Available Wireless Networks", select the one whose SSID (network name) matches that of your router and select the option to "Connect" to it. If WEP or WPA encryption has been enabled, you'll be prompted to enter the relevant key and should then "Connect" and have internet access.

dawood 16:35 12 Dec 09

Maybe you didn't configure wireless router or wireless adapter correctly, you can have a look on this wireless network troubleshooting tips click here articles to get more helps.

Bike-it 22:39 14 Dec 09

We have three Dell laptops a Netgear router and a Lexmark wireless 3 in 1 machine in our house.
So we all would like to be able to print wireless, Do i need to set up a home network to do this, we dont want to be able to share things between laptops only be able to share the 3 in 1 machine.

lexlibris1299 07:43 16 Dec 09

You should configure the wireless router. Then you need to scan for available wireless networks. In wireless network settings, enter the network name (SSID) and the network key if wep/wpa is enabled.

--------------------
[url=click here]verizon wireless deals[/url]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…