wireless set up

ant17 14:51 19 Apr 08

Please could someone help!

I have recently moved house. bt have moved my landline and broadband to my new house and I can access the internet from the phone port in the hallway. However I would obviously like the PC upstairs and have bought a belkin usb wireless adaptor. I already have a wireless router which worked in my old house for a games console so I assume my wireless network is already set up? I have installed the usb and my network appears on the list when it comes to choosing what to connect to. however it wont let me connect to the network. has anybody got any ideas why not? my games console worked wirelessly in my old house so I know it is working. Thanks in advance

The Kestrel 15:05 19 Apr 08

If the network is shown on your PC, it is being recognised. Do you need to enter your security password into your PC to allow connection. When you change from wired to a wireless connection you usually need to re-enter your password.

ant17 15:07 19 Apr 08

thanks for your reply.

i did put a password in and since then when i try to connect it doesnt ask me for a password so i assume it has accepted it?

The Kestrel 15:13 19 Apr 08

I'm not an expert, so cannot offer any further advice. This article hoever may be of help to you click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…