Wireless Security WPA help - DSL G604T

Hobbess 13:07 02 Apr 05

I have managed to get my new D-link DSL-G604T up and running with the ethernet connection and have also had the wireless adaptor connected and running using Windows XP Network connections finder.

I have since disabled the wireless part of my router as I can't figure out how to securely set-up the conneciton.

Within the setup of the router I have options for 802.1x, PSK Hex or PSK String.

Under 802.1x I need to specifiy a server IP address, port and secret. the port was set at 1812 but the others were empty. The manual is farily useless for what I need to provide, any help appreciated.

Michendi 13:18 02 Apr 05

Are you sure the manual is rubbish? The online Setup Guide is excellent. This is available as a PDF download...... but I am assuming that you got virtually the same guide with the equipment. Take a look..... click here

Hobbess 16:49 02 Apr 05

managed to sort it though still think the manual wasn't much help for complete begginners. However now have it connected through a PSK connection which was fairly straightforward. Also found their software caused more problems than it helped especially with the adaptor.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…