Wireless Security Problem

SonnyB 12:40 12 Jul 09

I have a Belkin wireless network with several pc's/laptops connected, which was previously unsecured but is now wpa protected.
I also use a Belkin extender downstairs to extend the range which, no longer works on the secure network. My question is how do get my extender to work on the network. I have looked at the main router web page but cannot see how I can get into the settings for the extender. Should it have its own web settings page? I know it helps as when I switch security off it starts working again.
Any help appreciated.

T I M B O 14:08 12 Jul 09

I assume now you are using WPA, you now have to enable the extender to use the WPA code just like adding a computer. I assume ?

Does this extender come with a manuel?

SonnyB 14:22 12 Jul 09

I think you are right but the problem is how do I configure the extender for the WPA code I am using on the router.
It is a Belkin F5D7130, and I am still trying to find the information on how to do this but no luck yet.

SonnyB 19:01 12 Jul 09

Ok, I have made some progress, as I have accessed the web settings page of the extender and set it to the same type and level of security as the router and put in the key.
However, it still is not communicating with the router.
Any thoughts please?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now