wireless security

johnyjohn 21:31 22 Nov 08

hi

i live in a house with some friends. we are share the same encrypted wireless router.

one of them seems to know much more about my internet viewing habbits then he would unless he was seeing exactly what i see

is there any way in which he could be seeing my internet habbits (as he knows the encryption passphrase). and is there any way i can stop it from happening?

thanks

mgmcc 23:54 22 Nov 08

Some routers can record a log file showing which web sites have been accessed by each of the IP addresses connected to it. If the particular friend has access to the router's configuration pages and therefore the logs, there is little you can do to hide your browsing activity.

dawood 15:36 28 Nov 08

If your friend can also access the router's configuration page, then you should check the content of router's log file, if it contents the info of websites visited by particular IP (normally found in majority of routers), then you can disable the logging if really needed. If it's your router, you can change the router password and don't let others to access the router's configuration page. If not, talk to him and ask him to respect your privacy.

dawood
Home Network and Wireless Network Help click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…