wireless security

jeanette12 19:48 10 Jun 08

I all I have set my 2 laptops up with a wireless belkin router but do not no how to set the security settings its saying they are unsecure I have 1 laptop with xp ad 1 with vista can some one please help me before I pay out loads of money for someone to do it for me lol

peter99co 20:30 10 Jun 08

I entered wireless security in the search box just above your Post and found lots of info. Try it and see if u can find more info quickly.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:46 11 Jun 08
  mikesuther 16:18 21 Jun 08

Hi, if you open internet explorer and then in the address bar type 192.168.0.1 and press enter this should get you into the configuration page. Once there press return on the first screen then goto the security section by selecting the security tab on the left of the screen. You will see that you can select various types of protection such as wep or wap. this is the encryption security. the best type i believe wep is the best but i am not sure. you type in a word for example steamtrain and it will give you a code key make a note of it and then press the save button. now when you try to reconnect it will ask for apassword and type in the code generated you will now be secure, you will be able to access the router with each computer that has the password. hope this helps, regards mike

Kemistri 16:48 21 Jun 08

If you think that WEP is the best type of encryption protocol, click here. Then search for WEP cracking.

Kemistri 16:49 21 Jun 08

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…