Wireless security

Doire_Bhoy 10:26 06 Dec 05

I have WPA enabled as my wireless security.
Does this mean that everytime i wish to use the internet i need to go through the security setup (put in profile name, netowrk name, click on WPA and enter my network key), as this is what i keep having to do in order to get online.

johnnyrocker 10:39 06 Dec 05

i would have thought so because if not anyone could use your connection?

johnny.

Doire_Bhoy 10:40 06 Dec 05

I was thinking along the same lines but i just needed to be sure.

JayDay 10:41 06 Dec 05

No. You set up each wireless PC with the password and also the router. The router will then only allow a PC with the same password to connect to it. Does that make sense? You only need to set it up once.

Taff™ 10:41 06 Dec 05

I`m pretty sure that you can save your "Profile" in the User Interface of your Wi-Fi connection. I use a PCMCIA card and I store 4 profiles in it. When I boot the PC it searches, in order and makes the connection although I only use WEP so it may be different.

Doire_Bhoy 10:46 06 Dec 05

I will need to look at it again tonight. It only connects to the web if i go through the whole security setup.

PaulB2005 10:58 06 Dec 05

What router and adpater do you have? You shouldn't have to keep entering the detail each time.

Doire_Bhoy 11:00 06 Dec 05

I have a Belkin router and Belkin Adapter

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…