wireless safety

Adz1310 18:03 30 May 07

Can someonehelp me....
I have had a wireless connection for a while now, and have never had a password on it. After watching a program last night I think it maybe a good idea to start. But i dont know how to do it. I have a BT voyager 2100. Can someone please help me sort it out and tell me how to put a WPA or WEP! thanks

BurrWalnut 19:02 30 May 07

Open a browser window and type in your router address. It will be in the documentation and it's something like 192.168.n.n You will have to key in a user name and password, this, too, will be in the manual.

Now look for a section named wireless (or similar wording). You need to supply an SSID (a name not your own) and a key (either WEP or WPA). Write them down as these will be used for any PC wanting to connect wirelessly to your router. Also, look for 'Don't broadcast SSID name' and tick it.

postie24 19:15 30 May 07

The roter address is 192.168.1.1.The user name and password is admin/admin as default.
Use WPA encryption,its far more secure,choose a random password from here
click here
Some routers may not connect if you hide the SSID whilst using wpa,if it doesnt just choose a name so your ISP cannot be recognised.

As BurrWalnut said click on wireless/security in the homepage,enter the new password and click ok.Close the homepage.
Right click on the wireless icon in system tray,choose your network,enter new password,re-enter it and you should be set up for WPA encryption

Postie24

Strawballs 22:15 30 May 07

click here The section on WPA is quite near the bottom of the page just past WEP which you should not use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…