Wireless Routers and Vista

pediman 17:56 10 Sep 07

I have a new wireless enabled laptop.I need a wireless router to work with Virgin Broadband.The laptop has Vista on it.Will any wireless router work or will i need one that is Vista compatible? I'm a bit confused!!

Ashrich 18:20 10 Sep 07

There are " Vista Compatible " routers available , but apart from having a USB port to transfer settings from the router to a PC they are no different really than any other . As long as you get one without a modem built in you will be fine , and of course , if you need any help with setting it up , you know where to come back to .....

Ashley

ambra4 18:21 10 Sep 07

The wireless system will work with any OS xp 98se vista, etc, once it set up correcet to access local network and the wireless system

A wireless System is just a way to access a local network (removeing the wire between the computer)

pediman 18:31 10 Sep 07

Thanks. Can anybody recommend a router, have asked around and was told that only D-Link routers would work

lil27 19:14 10 Sep 07

Pediman,

It is not true that only D-Link routers will work. I have a laptop with vista connected wirelessly to Virgin Broadband. You will need a cable modem and the one I use is as follows:-

click here

This was quite easy to set up and comes with an installation CD which basically sets it up for you. You just follow the guidelines.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5