wireless routers, please help me choose!

cyberpharmacist 14:51 01 Aug 03

hi all,

i have a notebook which i tends to use all around the house. i have currently move flats so instead of using the adsl usb modem, i want to get an adsl wifi router which allows me to use the notebook around the house without the restrictions imposed by the wire.

however, i really have no clue as to which one to go for, can you guys please give me a hand?

many thanks.

Robert-227908 16:25 01 Aug 03

Yes, I have just installed a Belkin Wireless Gateway/Router for a friend of mine which Is now working fine.

THis would be the configuration for your network:
NTL Digital Modem -to- Wireless Gateway Router -via wireless to - Wireless card in Notebook.

The only drawback with wireless at the moment is that if you answer a mobile phone it will 95% of the time drop your broadband connection

cyberpharmacist 13:52 02 Aug 03

does this belkin model uses the LAN connection or uses usb for the modem? because i have been looking into several models, and most of the routers uses the LAN connection for the cable modem but I am using BTOpenworld which comes with a USB modem.

SEASHANTY 15:56 02 Aug 03

Do not think an NTL cable/dsl router is compatible with ADSL phonelink.

SEASHANTY 16:25 02 Aug 03

For further info on ADSL routers visit this website
<click here>

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…