Wireless Router + USB modem

mattd 13:31 18 Nov 06

I have a usb modem provided by my isp and it cannot plug into the back of my wireless router (Netgear WDR614v6) which wants an ethernet modem.

I have learned that either I buy a adsl ethernet modem to replace my usb one, or I bridge the two connections (which I want to try).

I have connected my computer with the router via ethernet and have enabled the wireless, which is working. There are now two connections on my computer (internet and LAN).

I need to know how to bridge the two connections. For some reason, my Wanadoo Broadband connection comes under "dial-up" in my network connections. This is preventing me from bridging it with the LAN.

Can anyone help with getting around this problem??

Thanks, Matt

mgmcc 14:09 18 Nov 06

You need a *COMBINED* Router & ADSL Modem to replace the USB modem, which cannot be used in conjunction with a router.

The router you have at the moment is suitable for use with Cable broadband (NTL/Telewest), where the supplied Cable Modem does support an ethernet connection.

I cannot see how "bridging" network adapters in your PC is going to get you anywhere useful.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

New iOS 11 release date rumours UK | new features coming to Siri, FaceTime, Messages and Video