Wireless router for TalkTalk

the hick 14:17 25 Mar 09

I need to buy a wireless router, for our new HP laptop. I have borrowed an MBR-T2 router, which I cannot get to work with TalkTalk. Does the make of router make much difference, since I had assumed they were all much the same? Apart from their own, are there any recommendations for routers to use on TalkTalk? Any advice much appreciated.

Stuartli 14:49 25 Mar 09

You can use most routers with TalkTalk (except for one or two Netgear models. See:

click here for some that don't.

The critical point is to use an MTU of 1432.

TalkTalk configuration:

click here

These TT Forum pages contain a host of information on all areas of broadband and other topics.

woodchip 15:28 25 Mar 09

I use a 3Com Router with TalkTalk click here

woodchip 15:36 25 Mar 09

I use a 3Com Router with TalkTalk click here

Stuartli 16:07 25 Mar 09

I use a wired Safecom modem router SART4112 which cost me just £14.99 (it's fully ADSL2+ capable as well).

In reality it's a E-Buyer Guru version re-badged by the retailer and thus offered at a lower price; by coincidence I also have a Safecom dial-up modem after swapping it for a Diamond SuperExpress hardware version to boost a friend's system and surfing speeds.

howard64 12:12 26 Mar 09

I use netgear dg834 with talktalk and have never had any problems. Are you sure that you are setting it up with the correct details?

Covergirl 12:20 26 Mar 09

. . . the supplied router. You should have got one with your welcome pack.

Do you have doubts about the supplied router, or do you just want to see if A.N.Other modem is faster / better / more reliable (delete as applicable)?

Stuartli 12:40 26 Mar 09

See:

click here

(I'm presuming you have got the model name slightly wrong).

Stuartli 12:50 26 Mar 09

Again, if you have got the WBR-T2 router then, like mine, it's a re-badged product. See:

click here

Downloads for the model at:

click here

although as you've only borrowed it might not be wise to mess around...:-(

Stuartli 12:51 26 Mar 09

As far as I'm aware you have to pay £29.99 for one of TT's routers - you can get better ones cheaper or similar prices..:-)

Stuartli 12:53 26 Mar 09

One other critical point. The log on to the TT website/home page is your phone number @ talktalk.net and the supplied password (an u/l selection of letters plus numbers) and NOT an e-mail address and chosen password (these will allow you to go into the My Account section of the website.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…