Wireless router settings for onetel bb account

Rockarch 12:06 20 Feb 05

Does anyone know what the settings are for a onetel bb connection for a wireless router? ie is it PPPoE or PPPoA - I've searched everywhere on their website which is where I expected to find it but to no avail. I have sent them an email but I want to set the router up today rather than when they get back to me.
Thanks

FelixTCat 14:42 20 Feb 05

Try PPPoA, which is the usual way over a BT line.

Rockarch 16:48 20 Feb 05

Thanks FelixTCat - I've now got a wireless network that works between the 2 XP pcs - the challenge now is to get a print server & win98 pc to work on the network (both of those wired) as well - so you may hear some more from me!

FelixTCat 17:12 20 Feb 05

No trouble. That's easy, especially if they're wired. Let us know how you get on, even if it works. Speak to you again soon.

Rockarch 05:53 21 Feb 05

Felix - I havn't connected up the print server because reading its instructions it says I have to specify the IP & gateway address. I thought that the router would automatically give an IP address to the print server so I'm a bit confused. The print server is a Linksys EFSP42 (2 port switched) & the router/ADSL modem is a Belkin. Am I right in thinking that the print server software needs to be installed on every pc on the network and also the printer drivers for both printers onto all the pcs?
On teh win 98pc I have an entirely different problem that I'll start a thread in helproom for.

FelixTCat 08:06 21 Feb 05

Connect the printer server to your router and check in the router's DHCP assigned addresses to see if it has automatically issued an address. However, it would probably be better to give it a fixed address. Tell DHCP to issue addresses in the range 192.168.0.2 to 192.168.0.8 and give the server a fixed address of 192.168.0.9.

I think that with XP you don't have to install the server software on every PC - you set up an TCP/IP printer.

Yes, you do need the printer drivers on each PC because they have to send the data to the printer in the correct format.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…