Wireless Router recommendations?

haj84 16:29 26 Apr 06

I have seen on the NTLworld website the Actiontec package for £99.99 that allows you to connect 2 pcs.

I would like to hear if anyone has tried this out, if it is worth goin for and any problems they faced in setting up/using the network.

Are there better alternatives anyone would like to suggest

I pressume Wi-Fi enabled laptops can log in to this network without extra adapters, etc?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

ade.h 18:34 26 Apr 06

ithink that you would be wise to stay with a brand that is known to have good manufacturer support and has a large userbase on this and other forums. That way, you will find it easy to get accurate advice, which is very important if you are new to networking. Belkin, 3Com, D-Link or Linksys. As you are a cable customer, you may be aware that you need to purchase a router (sometimes called a cable/DSL router) rather than a modem/router.

ade.h 18:35 26 Apr 06

ithink = I think, of course!

mgmcc 21:18 26 Apr 06

As "ade.h" says, stick to mainstream suppliers.

Buffalo, which I've used with Cable, is also straightforward to set up and reasonably priced - you should be able to get a wireless Cable/DSL router for about half the price you quoted - I got the Linksys WRT54GS router with bundled USB WiFi adapter in the PC World special offer for £50.

Strawballs 00:36 27 Apr 06

The NTL forums usually recomend Linksys

haj84 10:42 27 Apr 06

Thanks guys, you've confirmed my initial thoughts.

A trip to PC World or Dixons it is then...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…