Wireless Router Query

smudge6521 10:36 26 Feb 09

Does anybody know if it is possible to run 2 routers on the same broadband network. My problem is upstairs my connection is weak I have a SAGAM router provided by my ISP (Sky) but I have a netgear router which I had at my old address. I was wondering if I plugged the Netgear in upstairs it would cause any problems and additionally if it would improve my connection speed. Does anybody have any thoughts on this.

oldbeefer2 10:57 26 Feb 09

Don't think so. Might be better off with something like click here

oldbeefer2 10:58 26 Feb 09

Or, as an alternative click here

PalaeoBill 11:12 26 Feb 09

If you can run a network cable between the two routers they will work just fine, just ensure that only one of them is set up as the DHCP server. I have one upstairs connected to one in the basement and run an ethernet cable between the two. I just drilled a hole through the window frame and ran the cable down the outside wall. A friend whent one better and managed to get the cable behing the skirting board down his stair case.

If you mean can they connect to each other wirelessly, then that requires bridging software within both routers and I'm pretty sure the Sagam doesn't have it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac