Wireless router, please help!!

scott0004 19:33 21 Apr 06

I bought myself a D-Link wireless router and I have come accross a problem I'm mega stuck with.

I have got my ADSL connection light on but during the instalation its asking for my BT Broadband username and password, BT have never given me one, I have connected BT and requested one but I had a similar problem at work and I kept being told broadband doesnt need a username and password.

Can anyone else shed any light on this?

Many Thanks in advance

wobblymike 19:36 21 Apr 06

I've never heard tell of such a thing - you have to have a user name and password otherwise how are you going to be verified as a broadband user and that is regardless of ISP.

If you have signed up to BT broadband you must have a user name and password - if you haven't got one how have you got onto the net?

johnnyrocker 19:50 21 Apr 06

i believe some bb connections are 'always on?' depending on equipment in use, it is that way with mine, as soon as i boot my pc i am connected with no logging on, is it posible that the router is asking for the purposes of security ie so you enable router when you go to connect?

scott0004 19:52 21 Apr 06

All I've had to do is install my modem and thats it, theres no pop up or any such thing to enter a username and password.

martjc 19:54 21 Apr 06

..and passwords, but if the installation prog is asking for one, BT should give it to you after some security questions. Givew them a ring!

Ikelos 19:56 21 Apr 06

your user name is your prime email address often with something like HG4 after the @ then your password, one you are on line it will not ask for it again..

smy13 20:09 21 Apr 06

click here
this link tell you how to get the info you need from BT or where to find it

scott0004 21:14 21 Apr 06

Thank you very much smy13, I'm now sitting in the conservatory with my laptop so I'm more than pleased thank you every for your input.

woodchip 21:22 21 Apr 06

Always On still need a User Name and Password as Mine is always on . But I had to enter them on the Setup page of router

mammak 21:29 21 Apr 06

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…