Wireless Router Modem

lpl56407 10:09 13 Apr 07

I want to change my laptop (Windows Vista) to use a wireless router broadband connection. I connect via ORANGE ISP.
As I have no knowledge of wireless equipment can anyone please recommend (or warn) from their own experiences.
Thanks

ArrGee 10:39 13 Apr 07

If you are using the Orange supplied router, you can't change to another ISP (unless you want to start re-wiring the router - not recommended).

lpl56407 10:42 13 Apr 07

I am quite happy to stay with Orange. Just want to go wireless.

rawprawn 10:55 13 Apr 07

I hav a Belkin wireless router works a treat, just plug it in follow the instructions and your laptop should find it (don't forget to add a password when you load it, or everybody can get in)

lpl56407 02:39 15 Apr 07

Thanks rp

postie24 09:09 15 Apr 07

Is your laptop wirelees ready? If not you will need a wireless usb dongle or one of these click here
If laptop is all ready wireless enabled,click start/run/ type in services.msc and scroll down to wireless and start the service.
Right click on the wireless icon in system tray and view wireless networks,click on your network to connect.
To secure your network with either wep/wpa encryption,go to your router homepage,by typing the address in your browser.It should be 192.168.2.1.Click security tab to set it up.
Hope this helps
Postie24

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…