wireless router im confused!

thecrazy1 11:22 07 Apr 08

Hi all
i have read the forums but am still confused
i have a compaq presario sr1705uk desktop pc and dont know if it has a network adapter one site i went on says it has intergrated networking but i dont know if that means i dont need an adapter
the other thing is i am on virgin media and have an extrnal modem via ethernet so i assume i need cable wireless router? how does this connect to the pc and what is the best router with the gratest distance
lastly the pc i want to connect to has no adapter so do i need a usb dongle?

please need your expert help

thanks

spikeychris 17:13 07 Apr 08

I'm slightly confused, what are you plugging the Ethernet modem in to? Is it an Ethernet port in your machine? You also say the PC you want to connect to doesn’t have an adaptor, is this a laptop?

thecrazy1 18:46 07 Apr 08

ok sorry im confusing everyone now
i have a pc with a virgin media broadband connected from external modem via ethernet to pc i was asumming this was not a network adapter maybe im wrong.
scondly the computer i want to connect wirelessly is a desktop pc in another part of the house that pc has no adapter or built in modem
so what devices do i need.
hope this clears it up

thanks

bobbybowls 20:04 07 Apr 08

if you want are comfortable opening the case and installing components click here

or if not usb option click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…