Wireless Router - How To

adamcoppard 09:24 04 Mar 07

I have a Belkin Wireless Router, and is working well apart from sharing, coz I'm mapping netwokring drives I would like to know how to
either make this pc alwasy 192.168.2.2 and tother 192.168.2.3 or how to map network drives via computer names (which fails).

bennyhillslovechild 09:45 04 Mar 07

If you go into your Belkin router setup via your web browser - normally 192.168.2.1 and enter your username/password then go to LAN settings, make sure the drop down menu called Lease Time is set to forever, which means that the IP address for that computer will not change. If you click on the DHCP client list page, you can see the computers and their IP addresses for setting up your drive mapping.

adamcoppard 13:35 04 Mar 07

ok that worked. now however I am ampping a netwrok drive to my windows xp prof computer. the prof (xp) connected to the home one but the home one will connect to \\192.168.2.3\SharedDocs but keeps looping for a password and username. i entered guest and the password and that didn't work, then the proper username (i.e normal acc) and password, and it still keeps looping. any help. my computer can't connect to it in an browser, in my netwrok places or anything. however it can connect to it,

mgmcc 14:32 04 Mar 07

In the PC that is denying access, have you actually set any folders as "shared" by right clicking and selecting the Sharing & Security option? Also, has any firewall software been configured to allow access to the networked computers?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…