Wireless router help

Shutt1e 09:39 26 Nov 06

I cant set up my orange livebox because i cant install service pack 2 which is the program that has windows security centre :( will it work if i set up the router on my laptop, then take the ethernet cable out, will all the settings stay the same? I was then going to connect wirlessly by my laptop, and then if i brought a pci card for my pc would i be able to pick the signal up from my livebox

thx

Strawballs 12:35 26 Nov 06

That would should work fine if it is the same as other routers it makes no difference which machine you set it up with and once done you can run wired and wireless in any combination

Shutt1e 12:43 26 Nov 06

ok thx i cant set it up on ym cause the ethernet is broken so i will buy a pci card or an usb one, wat is better and are tehy easy to install

thx

Shutt1e 13:02 26 Nov 06

my livebox is from orange so wat pci card would i need or usb pen wireless thing lol

thx

Shutt1e 13:09 26 Nov 06

click here is this wat i need and i would really want one i can get from pc world but would this one work and would it be compatible

Strawballs 22:45 26 Nov 06

That will work fine any 802.11b/g USB adapter will work. I take it that your laptop is not already wireless enabled?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:23 26 Nov 06

Orange do thier own wireless adaptor click here getting another adaptor to work with a live box can be a problem
click here

Shutt1e 15:32 27 Nov 06

no i have to et up hte live box on my laptop then i was goin to buy a wilress adapter for my pc as it's etherent port doesnt work, then i was goin to take the wireless router and put it on my main phone , then i can run wireless from my computer and my laptopp is already wirless enabled

Shutt1e 15:36 27 Nov 06

also yesterday i set up the livebox on my laptop ising a wired cconnection, and that worked fine, and then when i tried to connect wirlessley it didnt work i entered in teh ewep code on the box ect but still didnt work. any help thx it would be much apreciated

Shutt1e 15:59 27 Nov 06

ok ym mum bought me this for our computer so we can pick up the wirless signal BELKIN F5D7050UK

If i cant set it up would u guys especially frutibat be able to help me set it up as i see u ahve dealt with this before fruitbat

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now