Wireless Router - DVD / Cd ROM Failure

buster99 12:19 11 Nov 06

Can anyone please help,

I've just finished installing a Linksys ADSL Router. Its hardwired to my Desktop and provides wireless for laptop. Since its installation my DVD Drive and second CD drive have both stopped working. There is power to both units. Device manager shows both drives with a yellow exclamation mark next to it.
The error codes given for each are :-
1) DVD Drive - Error code 41 - Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)

2) CD Drive - Error Code 19 - Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

I've uninstalled both units and windows successfully picks them up on reboot but each time it posts the same error codes.

Any suggestions appreciated !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:30 11 Nov 06

No CD/DVD or CD-ROM access is missing error Code 19, Code 31, Code 32, Code 39, or Code 41
click here
or
Run regedit and navigate to registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}.
Highlight it and in the right pane, find the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values.
Highlight each one in turn, right click and delete them.
Close regedit and restart the computer.
If in doubt make a restore point before making changes.

buster99 18:28 11 Nov 06

Txs Fruit Bat, tried your link with no success, with regards your regedit solution, what are the upperfilters / lowerfilters etc. I'm not familiar with this sort of computer solutions
txs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac