Wireless router connection problems? help please!!

Lee-262377 20:46 08 Aug 06

Hi i have a speedtouch thomson 330 modem and have just purchased a Dlink 514 wireless router, my pc has a wireless Sis 900-based PCI fast ethernet adaptor, i also have a PS2 with network adaptor and am wanting to link the ps2 with my pc can anybody give me an idiots guide to how the hell u are supposed to do this???
many thanks

mgmcc 08:41 09 Aug 06

The D-Link 514 appears to be a stand-alone "Cable/DSL" router suitable for use with the NTL/Telewest Cable broadband service, not ADSL with which you should use a *combined* Router & ADSL Modem. You cannot use a USB ADSL modem in conjunction with a router.

Lee-262377 23:10 09 Aug 06

bugger i shouldve checked b4 i bought the thing couldve saved myself 20 quid. so a wireless adsl router and modem combined is the answer, any ideas about whats a good(ish) brand?

daba 23:14 09 Aug 06

I've got a D-Link DSL-G604T, 4-ethernet port + wireless router. Came with free USB wireless dongle for the remote PC. All works perfectly for well over 18 months.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…