Wireless Router Cant Connect after power down

DuncanG 11:13 12 Nov 05

Hello,

I have a Netgear DG834GT ADSL wireless router that was been working fine since connected up about a week ago. This morning i unplugged the router to place in better position and tidy the cables up.

Upon booting up the hard wired connection to my pc works fine for internet, however neither laptop can connect to the internet even though both log onto the wireless network (WEP keyed).

It sounds like a very simple problem...any ideas?

DuncanG 11:29 12 Nov 05

In wireless connection status on the laptop it has 'invalid IP adress, if that is of any help?

keewaa 11:33 12 Nov 05

Wondering if ... it is now picking up another network and trying to connect into that ... check DG834GT is set to broadcast SSID and if this fixes it then that's the problem.

or .. if you move the laptop to beside the DG834GT does it make any difference?

Mikè 11:33 12 Nov 05

Open up a command prompt on a laptop and type ipconfig /all (space between g and /) and post the result.

DuncanG 11:37 12 Nov 05

keewa...nope its seeing my network and is connected, though i think the problem is its not being assigned an IP adress, which it used to do automatically before i unplugged and replugged the router.

DuncanG 11:42 12 Nov 05

mike, laptop has no connection to this pc.....what info do u want mate?

DuncanG 11:43 12 Nov 05

Could it be as simple as turning off router for 5 minutes before powering up to let it reset itself?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…