Wireless router being used?

Sirpad 16:19 16 Feb 07

This may be a dumb question but how can i tell if someone is using my wireless router to get into the I-Net. Also, if they are is there any way they could also have access to my PC??

Totally-braindead 16:34 16 Feb 07

Its not a dumb question its a very good one. If your wireless connection is not secured its wide open for anyone to use and yes they could get into your computer as well. Have a look under Network connections under control panel and see if it tells you it is secured.

postie24 16:50 16 Feb 07

Or right click the wireless icon in the task bar and view the wireless connections in range.It will tell you there if yours is secured.
If it isnt go to your router homepage,click the security tab and set up wpa encryption

Postie

Strawballs 23:09 16 Feb 07
  Sirpad 17:38 17 Feb 07

Thanks guys.

When I go to my Router homepage came across this 'When MAC Authorization is enabled, all wireless clients are blocked until their MAC addresses are added to the Authorized list. I HAVE Wireless MAC Authorization enabled so I'm assuming this will block anyone coming in unless I give them the MAC key. If this is the case I'm all set??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…