Wireless router in bedroom.

Pidder 16:17 27 Oct 06

I have put my wireless router in my bedroom to give a stronger signal in the house and the garden. Lately I have had trouble sleeping. I know this can be due to a number of reasons, in partic, in my case, advancing years, but I did wonder if other folks had experienced the same thing aggravated by the proximity of a wireless transmitter? Possibly someone can advise whether a wireless router is transmitting all the time or only when a PC is accessing it.

Dipso 16:43 27 Oct 06

I don't know whether it's the router, could be but it will be transmitting the signal even when not in use by yourself.

Why don't you turn the router off in the evening and just have it switched on during the day.

Worth an experiment?

Pidder 18:45 27 Oct 06

Thanks for your reply. I wondered about radiation when I'm not accessing the router. I will try switching off at night, I've been keeping it on as it sometimes takes quite a while to connect to my ISP (an Orange Livebox).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…