Wireless Router with ADSL2 and USB Port

nfplee 11:12 AM 30 Jun 11

Hi, i'm looking at buying a new wireless router. One feature i'd like for it to have is the ability to connect an external hard drive via usb and expose it over my network wirelessly. I found the following product:

However it doesn't have built in adsl2 which means i'll have to connect it to a modem.

I'm not that great when it comes to networking but i was wondering if there was a device out there that lets me do all of this in one.

I'd appreciate it if you could help. Thanks

Crosstrainer2 12:59 PM 30 Jun 11

I have one of these:

link text

ADSL built in and a USB port

Great signal and VPN as well!

nfplee 13:54 PM 30 Jun 11

Thanks for the link. I was looking at some of the others on that site too and have found the following:

The Belkin one seems pretty cheap and offers the same sort of the functionality as the Netgear one but i don't mind spending a little extra to get the best one.

I'd appreciate your opinion and whether i've over looked anything.

Crosstrainer2 16:35 PM 30 Jun 11

You get pretty much what you pay for, and I guess we all have favoured brands. I don't mind net gear but would steer clear of the Belkin offering.

I know the Draytek is more expensive, but it's a top class device, used by pro's The choice of course is yours, but if funds permit I'd go for the Draytek. There's an old expression " buy cheap, buy twice" :))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…