wireless router

andrecrosby 15:39 PM 23 Jan 12

hello all just thinking can u help me out like i say just got a new laptop i also have from cable a d-link wireless router which i have had last 2 years but never used it y i got the laptop was 4 my mother 2 use now and then because she has showed an interest on the net and that's y i got one now the problem i have is it wont connect 2 the net the router is d-link dir-615 so thinking should i go out and buy a new router as i,v been reading there not so good + i,m not very good with these things the simper the better 4 me + my mum lives next door 2 me which is handy so i need something with a bit of range i do have a budget i go up 2 £50/65 pounds thank u very much andy

Ibanez2010 16:10 PM 23 Jan 12

Are you sure you have set the router up correctly? And the latop needs to be properly setup to connect to the router too.

Woolwell 18:16 PM 23 Jan 12
  andrecrosby 20:09 PM 23 Jan 12

hello and thank u 4 the reply if i go from the start i took out the laptop from the box then turn it on and it was setting its self up and we came 2 the part wher its says do u wont wireless or cable i/e hard wire 2 the net i enter,d wireless then it wont,s the cd i put the cd in i could see it was seting it self up then it wont,s wireless encryption key dun all that then it went on seting up windows 7 then at the end in networks i could see my name on the network but it would not go on the net then it was asking 4 pin number or pass words i put them in but still would not go on the net

Woolwell 20:33 PM 23 Jan 12

Basic question is the wireless turned on on the laptop?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…