Wireless Router

higueron 04:37 03 Jan 11

I have just purchased a Netgear router and an advent laptop running windows 7 I have installed the router OK I think as I can connect to the Internet via the ethernet cable but when I disconnect the cable and try to connect wirelessly it wont connect I have pressed fn f4 on the laptop and the wireless light comes on but a pop up comes saying it cant connect my ISP ia AOL any advice please.

mgmcc 08:05 03 Jan 11

Have you "Connected" to the wireless network (Router)? In other words, did you click the network icon in the System Tray beside the clock to see the Available Wireless Networks, select the one whose SSID (network name) matches that of your router and then clicked the Connect button? You would be prompted for any wireless encryption key (WEP/WPA/WPA2), sometimes called a Network key, and after entering you should connect to the wireless network.

higueron 10:38 03 Jan 11

Thanks for your help problem solve.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…