wireless router

steve_rfc 20:10 18 Jan 08

hi everyone just woundering if any one could help me plz

ive just bought a tp-link 54m wireless router for my virgin b/b but im not sure how to secure it (if that makes any sence lol)to the network i mean dont get me wrong it works well and internet connection is great

it just keeps on coming up that the connection is unsecure ??

woodchip 20:12 18 Jan 08

you do not need to secure it if you use it connected by ethenet cable, only if used wireless

steve_rfc 20:24 18 Jan 08

ive got my pc connected by ethernet and it ok no probs

its just the laptop which is wireless

MAJ 20:30 18 Jan 08

Go into the wireless settings of the router and set up security, WPA-PSK should do it. It will mean you setting a password.

woodchip 20:30 18 Jan 08

Then you need to go into Router Setup page with the address supplied, may be 192.168.1.1 in browser address bar then press enter go to wireless setings and set encyption as PSK give a key that you must use and a SSID in your laptop settings so you can connect. write down SSID and Key that you use also press save and reboot router

steve_rfc 21:59 18 Jan 08

ive tryed logging onto the site but it wont let me on any ideas ??

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:22 18 Jan 08
  woodchip 22:47 18 Jan 08

It's not a site, it's in the router

steve_rfc 22:52 18 Jan 08

i got a defult username and password with the router which it told me to change which i did but now it won't let me log on so im unable to get into the the setting of the router anyone no away around this prob ?? or how to change this??

woodchip 22:56 18 Jan 08

Look for a pin hole at the back to reset the defaults, use a paper clip

steve_rfc 22:58 18 Jan 08

got the pin hole but does the router have to be on or of before i press it ??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…