wireless router for 2mb tiscali broadband

ARTY DAN 12:12 13 Jan 06

I am thinking of buying a computer for my nephew I am going to suggest him putting it in his bedroom they have a computer downstairs that is connected to tiscali 2mb broadband through a BT line. I also want to buy a wireless router I have read reviews the netgear DG834G, the linksys WAG354G and the U.S robotics ADSL2+ wireless starter kit, they all get mixed reviews. I thought the easiest way to find the right one was to ring tisacli and ask them which is the best router for their brodband, because reading the reviews some people found the particular wireless router worked fine with their broadband provider but with other people it didn't work with their broadband providers.
I rang tiscali technical support explained what I wanted to do and the advisor said the netgear or linksys are very good you can use either I asked if there was a particular router that works a 100% with tiscali she said no either of those will be fine this advisor was in india not being funny but began to wonder whether she was gened up on wireless routers.
Can anyone advise me of which wireless router to buy for tiscali 2mb broadband thanks, a response would be much appreciated as amount of phone calls to various companies is getting a bit silly.

rmcqua 12:27 13 Jan 06

This is one of those situations where you are likely to be spoiled for choice. All the wireless "access points" operate to internationally agreed technical standards so there is no real "ideal" one for a particular ISP. So you are really down to quality and value for money.
Go with a well known brand (the ones you mention in your post are some of them) that meets your budget. Don't forget either a PCI card or USB wireless adapter for your nephew's PC.

click here

conrail 15:20 13 Jan 06

I went for Belkin, easy to set up, insert the discs and away you go, also lifetime guarantee

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos