Wireless Router

subi 22:46 19 Aug 07

I am on Virgin Media Broadband with XP Pro O.S.
I would like to use a Wirless Connection so that my wife can access the Internet via her Laptop.
Can anyone suggest a reasonable system? Virgin are recommending ACTIONTEC - WIRELESS NETWORK KIT Virgin Media, reduced from £99.99 to £39.99.

brundle 23:38 19 Aug 07

Never had any trouble with Netgear kit myself, but you'd be hard pushed to beat £40 for the kit if it includes router and wireless adapter.
Is it this one? click here

Dipso 00:15 20 Aug 07

I agree with brundle. It's usually advisable to go for well known brands, Netgear, Linksys as it's easier to get support but £40 is hard to beat.

I presume it's this one but there's no model name mentioned click here

Nancyd 15:01 20 Aug 07

Hi
I have a D-Link modem/router which I bought when I signed up for Orange Broadband. Unfortunately it does not seem to work very well. I cannot get it wireless to use with my laptop. Some times it will let me on internet the next time it tells me it not conected. I am all for thowing it out the window.
Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong.

Charlotte

subi 17:43 20 Aug 07

Thanks for everyones advice - I have decided to purchase the Virgin Bundle.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…