Wireless Repeater/Range Extender

sannaz 13:25 03 Mar 06

I use a Belkin ADSL2+ 125 Modem and Router in my Office which is in warehouse environment. We get a variable signal which ranges from poor 11mbps to excellent 125mbps. I would like to improve the consistency of the signal.

Can anyone recommend a repeater which can opeate at this sort of wireless speed? I know that there are wireless options from Linksys which offer up to 54mbps but am not sure if they will be compatible with our Belkin router.

keewaa 13:46 03 Mar 06

Have you tried changing the wireless channels used?

For signal improvement click here has good products.

mgmcc 13:49 03 Mar 06

The current wireless networking protocol standards are 802.11b at 11Mbps and 802.11g at 54Mbps. Although most manufacturers have implemented "speed boosting" wireless hardware, these are proprietary systems that don't comply with a laid down standard. Therefore, to enjoy speeds above those of the "54g" protocol, all hardware must be from the same stable. The details for the new 802.11n high-speed wireless protocol are still being agreed.

You really, therefore, need to stick with Belkin hardware. I also believe that the Linksys wireless "extender" only works in conjunction with their own wireless hardware.

sannaz 14:15 03 Mar 06

Thanks for the feedback. I am happy to stick with Belkin hardware, but they don't offer a range extender. I have tried all the usual fixes such as moving the router, changing the channel etc as recommended by Belkin.

The problem appears to be a fluctuating signal which I assume is caused by the amount of steel in the building (and surrounding buildings).

If anyone has any additional advice, I would appreciate their feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…