Wireless Radio Enabled

dave_and_confused 16:28 07 May 05

There is an option on my router called Wireless Radio Enabled with a tick box. Currently ticked.

What is it and do in need it ticked or not?

selfbuild 18:05 07 May 05

Have you got an option hide your wireless (to stop it broadcasting) network?

I think if you were to untick Wireless Radio Enabled then you will lose your wireless connection.....

dave_and_confused 18:44 07 May 05

Not sure. Not sure i understand what that means actually! "hide the wireless network"?

I think if you were to untick Wireless Radio Enabled then you will lose your wireless connection.....

What would be the point in that option? Serious question.

dave_and_confused 18:45 07 May 05

Not sure. Not sure i understand what that means actually! "hide the wireless network"?

dave_and_confused 18:45 07 May 05

dave_and_confused 18:46 07 May 05

selfbuild 20:29 07 May 05

"I think if you were to untick Wireless Radio Enabled then you will lose your wireless connection....."

"What would be the point in that option? Serious question."

If you (or someone else) had no need for the wireless part of the router at the time when you brought the wireless router but was thinking of maybe using it at a later date, then you (or they) could disable the wireless part of the router until such time when you or they want to enable it.

dave_and_confused 10:33 08 May 05

Ah i see but we do need it so i'll leave it on.

Arthur Scrimshaw 19:38 08 May 05

when transmitting a signal could cause problems - eg on an aircraft.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…