wireless problems !! help please!

gofer3332 18:23 22 Feb 09

i use a gateway laptop and have the 3rd bt option (unlimited) . i always connect wirelessly .

this morning i was connected with no problems then my signal went!! when i search for networks theres nothing, not even the ones near by! i click diganose and repair and it says plug it into my hub to check for problems. i did that and it works the message says resolved but its not ,its resolved because its plugged in! duerrrrrrr! lol

can any one help???

Strawballs 21:11 22 Feb 09

Start with the basics, has it got a switch for turning wireless off and on because my last laptop had one wich the cat walked on while the wife was using it and it took me a while to realise.

gofer3332 21:25 22 Feb 09

on my laptop it ha a wireless button fn+f2 but it doesnt show if its on or off! ny way of finding out?

gofer3332 22:50 22 Feb 09

its defo on!!!! not picking anything up grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Strawballs 23:02 22 Feb 09

What O/S is this with ? if XP or Vista find wireless card in the device manager and uninstall it then reboot.

gofer3332 23:38 22 Feb 09

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
that worked,didnt even think of that, if ur ever in north walsham,norfolk there a pint for ya! chhers

Strawballs 01:08 24 Feb 09

Just glad to have helped now please click the resolved box thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…