Wireless problems

ernstlunde 17:35 18 Nov 08

Hi, I have a D-link Wireless N Gigabit Router - DIR-655. The router is updated with the latest firmware. But the wireless network is unstable and dissconect alot. For some reason. And I also want to bee able to disable the wirless network during surten hours, so that the kids dont stay online at night. Is that possible? And does anybody have any idea on how to fix the network beeing unstable? We have 2 win xp computers and one win vista computer on the network. Ty so much for answers.

Diemmess 17:40 18 Nov 08

Night time limit on young surfers - take the power away from the router.

Is it possible that instability is the result of more than one computer signed on at a time with the same address?

ernstlunde 17:52 18 Nov 08

No, to take the power away is not a suggestion lol. Because im using the computer during night. To download stuff.

Border View 20:42 18 Nov 08

ernstlunde - how far away from the exchange are you? I had a D-link router for a short while, but because I am so far away from the exchange the line was very unstable and I frequently lost connection. After a week I took it back to Argos and bought a Thompson Speedtouch 585v6 and found it excellent. No dropped signal at all.

Good luck.

ernstlunde 21:33 18 Nov 08

Hi, im right besides the Router....only 1 meter from it. And no walls.

woodchip 21:44 18 Nov 08

Are you running on Battery or Mains? And I presume this also is Wireless!

Border View 22:41 18 Nov 08

ernstlunde - sorry I should have made myself more clear. How far away is the telephone exchange from your house. The further away you are the more likely it is that you will have a less reliable connection.

ernstlunde 22:57 18 Nov 08

Its a cable modem. And its connected right in the wall. Not via phone line.

Woolwell 22:58 18 Nov 08

Your Router allows you to set access controls that can limit the times on line for the IP address of computer that you want to restrict. The manual isn't that clear about it but it does refere to parental control.

I have a D-Link (not the same) which does have parental control settings but I have never used them so so don't know how well they work or how hard it is to set up.

Woolwell 23:00 18 Nov 08

I have found D-Link support to be helpful and they may talk you through it.

ernstlunde 21:24 20 Nov 08

Well I got jensen router, and its a 100 times bether...ty allf or the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5