Wireless problems

Nicholas-1273182 18:49 15 Jun 08

I have a Compaq laptop and have recently installed a wireless BT Broadband hub and have been using my laptop wirelessly successfully until a week ago and now my laptop will not pick up the wireless network. When I switch the switch on my laptop onto wireless it should change the indicator light from amber to blue to signify that it is now on wireless mode but the light doesn't change. Is this because there is a problem with the laptop switch???

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Pineman100 19:05 15 Jun 08

Does the indicator light change to blue to indicate that your wireless adaptor is working, or to indicate that you're connected to the network?

If the former, then perhaps your adaptor has a problem. If the latter, then your BT Home Hub router may be the problem (which is probably more likely).

Have you worked your way through BT's problem-solving list? click here

Nicholas-1273182 20:31 15 Jun 08

I have run the BT problem solving program but I think the problem is with the laptop as the light doesn't change. Thank you for your help all the same.

Technotiger 20:41 15 Jun 08

If you have the earlier Version1.0 BTHome Hub they do have a tendency to drop out now and then, if you have the later Version1.5 this does not happen so much, but in any case you could try and re-set your BTHome hub. If the older version - disconnect Power, wait ten seconds then re-connect power, then wait until all four light on Homehub have settled down. If the newer version simply press the small button on the lower-right side of the home hub, give it a minute or so to reset itself.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…