Wireless Problems

Robbb 15:51 09 Aug 07

Hi

I've been having problems with my wireless network, which used to work perfectly before this term at university.

Every so often my wireless network stops recieving and sending data for a while, only to start again later on. I'm still connected, and I can still disconnect to connect again - although this doesn't resume data sending :(

Any ideas on what the problem could be? Let me know any technical specifics you need about my set-up

Thanks in advance

Rob

Robbb 15:54 09 Aug 07

And also another problem is that when the connection is working properly, I cannot connect to https websites ( click here ), yet this website is definately up and working

Not sure whether the two are related or not

djbenny 09:04 10 Aug 07

are using any firewalls/internet security suites??

either try turning them off for a bit to see if it solves the problem, or lower the security level?

Robbb 10:52 10 Aug 07

No I'm not using any firewall/internet security :/ Any other ideas?

Leapmanster 14:53 10 Aug 07

which browser are you using. I had the same thing, but only firefox blocked the secure sites and IE7 allowed it.

Robbb 15:29 10 Aug 07

Using IE7. I'll try firefox as well to see, but the problem isn't just browser based - I can't the connection completely dies (know that as I cannot connect to the internet through other software, i.e. games, itunes)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac