Wireless problems

LivEviL 16:59 08 Jul 06

okely dokely

just brought a laptop

and just brought a wirless laptop card for it a
: Sitecom WL-120 v2

i have an existing Netgear DG834GT Wireless router! iv set every thing up as should and its not connecting! any one have any ideas? many thanks

Taff™ 17:10 08 Jul 06

You`ll have to give us a bit more than that. Have you installed the Card Software and is the card working? Can it see the router? What symptoms are you getting?

LivEviL 17:13 08 Jul 06

ok yeah iv install the card software and the card is working as much as its seeing the router, its just when i go to connect to my router it doesnt connect, the firewall i have is zone alarm pro, and normaly if there is some traffic it flashes red and green in the task bar but its not! its like its not even trying to go out throught the firewall! iv allowed it throught the firewall and even tried with it switched off! any ideas?

LivEviL 17:38 08 Jul 06

any ideas?

ade.h 17:50 08 Jul 06

"Any ideas?"

Yeah, one; try it without the card software. Most standard 802.11g PCMCIA cards can be used sans software, as per USB adapters. The same uninstall/reinstall procedure applies.

woodchip 17:54 08 Jul 06

First you need to connect the computer with a ETHERNET cable so you can set the router up through the settings page using Internet Explorer, Did you not get Destruction or have you binned em. As it tell you what to enter in Address bar in IE to get the Setup page

Taff™ 17:56 08 Jul 06

Check this one out. Go to Network Connections from Control Panel and right click your wireless card. Select properties and then scroll down to TCP/IP and select it. Propeties again and make sure that both the "Obtain Automatically" are selected. A laptop reboot might be appropriate if they weren`t selected.

Is the router encrypted?

LivEviL 20:47 08 Jul 06

right ok iv uninstalled the software which came with it and it then uninstalls the driver with it! so i installed it again only this time not using the config setup from sitecom, just windows, and as usual it detects my router just when i go to connect it tells me it can connect. and it may be out of rage or somthing, but it isnt as its the computer im typing this on is wireless and has full signal! it is encrypted but iv taken that off and its still doin nothing! it works fine throught the ethernet cable. and all boxes are ticked as should be.

Taff™ 20:54 08 Jul 06

Have you unplugged the cable? Also temporarily disable the network adapter in Network connections right click it and set disable. You can enable it again later.

ade.h 21:00 08 Jul 06

"...and it then uninstalls the driver with it." You would have had to do that anyway, so it just saved you the effort.

LivEviL 21:09 08 Jul 06

alright sorry! there is no other way to get the driver other then installing the 'setup.exe' file! iv tryied 'finding it' but it doesnt as its in the setup file. so i cant use it with out the software it came with.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…