Wireless problem.............again

Seadog 00:37 05 Oct 07

I have a Belkin wireless router and we connect three computers wirelessly to this to access the internet. My main computer is a home build based on a shuttle xpc, works ok as does my Dell laptop, however my sons computer (built by a local shop)has been a pain from day one. The connection seems to drop for no reason then pick up again. I have tried both an Asus pci wireless card and a Belkin 54g usb "stick" both with the same result. When viewing the status, the signal just goes to zero occasionally.
Anyone any ideas please?

What should the signal strength be showing on a computer only six feet away from the router? I only get 60% on my computer with a signal quality of 73%.

Could the router be on its way out?

Running win xp 3.2GHz P4 1Gb ram, nvidia graphics with 256mb video ram

Canas 01:06 05 Oct 07

I've had all sorts of problems similar to that with my Belkin, commonly it would drop wireless connection and pick back up (even frequent with wired connections), and sometimes it would fall to ridiculously slow speeds without reason.

Not a good router on my opinion, the only suggestion I have would be to get a different one, and there are tons of those types of threads kicking around that would give you other product ideas.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…