Wireless problem, help neede please !

mahalo 11:06 10 Apr 08

I have a Bt home hub, on my other computer I have a wirelee adapter. After months of it all working fine I am now having this problem .When I try to go online on the computer with the adapter, I find it is now picking up two networks and the new network detected is not mine and appears to block my own network. I have spent hours trying to sort this out, i.e. network setting, connections, uninstalling and reinstalling the adapter to no avail. Can anyone help me to sort this out please (not too technical though) and save me having a nervous breakdown.
Cheers

Ditch999 11:08 10 Apr 08

What OS is it?

mahalo 11:11 10 Apr 08

Windows Vista

Ditch999 11:22 10 Apr 08

PCA have an article re this click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:25 10 Apr 08

appears to block my own network. I have spent hours trying to sort this out, i.e. network setting, connections, uninstalling and reinstalling the adapter to no avail.

Change the channel on your router and adapter.

mahalo 08:50 12 Apr 08

Sorry about the delay in answering, I have managed to get my second computer talking to the hud, but when I try to go online I am getting the message "IP address not set properly" . can you help with this please.
Cheers

mahalo 14:40 12 Apr 08

Any advice would be appreciated. Cheers

feb 15:17 12 Apr 08

You will probably find your connected to line one, you might find it better if you change this to line seven!

some one with more knowledge than me will have to give you instructions on how to do this, as I don't have a BT Hub, but I have been informed that this sometimes works,

Technotiger 15:41 12 Apr 08

I don't know, but maybe this might help ...

click here

mahalo 20:25 14 Apr 08

THank for your replies, my BT hub one the first computer is working fine, it is the one with the adapter that wont connect to the internet, the network etc is setup OK. I tried a diffferent adapter in my laptop, with the netwoek set up too and that wont connect to the internet. Do you think the fault lies with the BT Hub ?, while it's working for itself, I wondered if it's not transmitting to the adapters .
Cheers

Technotiger 20:50 14 Apr 08

Why not give BT Broadband a call on 0800 800 150.

With a little bit of patience, I have found them very helpful in the past.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…