Wireless problem Acer Travelmate 290E

Guady 18:42 05 Apr 08

I am trying to help a friend who is having problems with her internet access. Following a period of non-use, the laptop would not start Windows. We used the BackUp Disks which came with the laptop and Windows is now working okay. But - we cannot get any wireless connection at all. I did manage to get on to the Internet with the Router connected to the laptop by a cable, but as soon as we removed the cable, we lost the connection. The ISP (Ya.com - in spain) got us to try looking for the wireless connection and it has totally disappeared! They told me we would have to download and reinstall the Wireless Network Drivers. I have downloaded what I think are the right files from Acer (using my PC) and put them on a CD. But - what do I do now? I have never set up a wireless network and would really appreciate any advice anyone can give. Initially all this was done by my friend's husband, but he has recently died - and I would like to help her if at all possible.
Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…