Wireless problem on Acer Aspire

griffo 17:35 19 Aug 06

I have an Acer Aspire 5020 on which the wireless has stopped working. Pressing the switch on the front doesn't make any difference, so I thought I would start by downloading all the latest drivers from Acer.

Their site shows a lot of drivers under Win XP and 'Win XP 64 bit for Aspire 5020 only'. How can I make sure my XP is 64 bit please?

Also, if anyone has some suggestions about how to fix my wireless problem, I would be most grateful.

cheers.

Jimmy14 17:39 19 Aug 06

Click start,click run and type in winver. This will tell you the version of windows you have but I am sure it will be home edition.

James

Tanzy_uk 17:42 19 Aug 06

griffo, what os are you running? I am pretty sure only Xp pro is able to run 64bit, does your router still work as a wired router? if so it could be an ariel problem.

ade.h 17:43 19 Aug 06

Look at the device's properties box in Device Manager: what does it report?

griffo 17:46 19 Aug 06

Thanks both, yes it's Home Edition, so that means it's not 64 bit right?

Tanzy - yes it's working with a cable into the router. The orange light is out on the front button.

griffo 17:52 19 Aug 06

Is it under Network adapters? If so, all three items listed say they're working correctly.

griffo 18:13 19 Aug 06

Does the fact that it has an AMD Turion 64 mean anything in relation to the above?

ade.h 18:44 19 Aug 06

No, not as such.

griffo 19:06 19 Aug 06

OK back to the device manager question, does the fact that Device Manager says it's OK lead to any other ideas please?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple