Wireless Problem

Chas49 15:04 24 Feb 10

I have a desktop (Win 7), 2 laptops (Win7 and XP)

The desktop has a 1055 BT Wireless Adaptor and works Ok. Both laptops work if connected by Ethernet cable but when the cable is detached then both laptops will not received a signal and I get a 'Server not found' notice.

As both laptops worked OK previously and now both have the same problem it would appear that the problem is not at their end but perhaps with the BT Homehub 2?

Any ideas please?

chub_tor 15:22 24 Feb 10

Not sure that I follow your logic; if the desktop connects wirelessly to the BT Homehub then why would you think that the Homehub is faulty? Have you checked the security settings on the laptops?

Chas49 15:43 24 Feb 10

You are absolutely correct and have hit it right on the nose - my logic was faulty and I was stupidly entering the key for the BTY Adaptor instead of that printed on the reverse side of the Hub.

I had just discovered my error a minute or two before reading your reply. I'm afraid that it looks as if old age is having its effect!

Many thanks for your reply which would have put me on the right track anyway. Security settings it was!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5