Wireless problem!

fender29 17:29 27 Jan 07

I have a laptop and a pc which are both connected to the net via a belkin G plus mimmo router and then through ntl cable broadband. the pc connection is cabled, whilst the laptop is wireless. the problem i am having is that the laptop connection keeps dropping out, and then it wont find the wireless connection again, even if i am only a foot away! I never had a problem before, but upgraded the router, and since, it has been nothing but problems. Usualy i would say it is the fault of the router (aint broke..blah blah blah fix it), but when i refresh the network connections - i normally see my neighbours BT homehub - but even this is flickering in and out of the refresh list.
My question is - is has anyone had problems with this router before? or is it my network card?

Thanks

Pressure_tester 18:08 27 Jan 07

I have had similar problems, however using Netgear DG834G, wired computer and wireless Dell laptop on a BT line.
I found that if I place the cordless phone beside the laptop it scrambles the signal. Took a few occurrences for me to make the connecetion so to speak.
I am led to believe that both use similar RF frequencies and occasionally they have an RF 'argument'.
I fixed it by turning off the Netgear, and laptop.
Then turned on the Netgear - let if configure itself - then turned on the laptop and if found the signal. The laptop is 2m from the Netgear.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5