Wireless Problem

lynnie 18:22 18 Dec 05

Hope someone can help me out there, I have a brand new wireless laptop, we have telewest broadband, so popped to Argos today and bought a wireless router. The usb connecting lead into my modem must be a usb B, the usb donnecting lead into my router must also be a usb B, the lead I got was A - B, am I doing something wrong here when the leads given are incorrect.
Or am I to go and get B - B leads?

Been on this all weekend so far, still cannot find a answer, as the B-B leads cannot be found anywhere

Thanks in advance

Forum Editor 19:09 18 Dec 05

is probably intended for use when setting up the router - it connects router to PC.

I'll be able to tell you more if you let me know which router you bought.

lynnie 19:23 18 Dec 05

It is a wireless G usb network adaptor and it is made by linksys

bazb 20:48 18 Dec 05

Hi lynnie

is this what you have purchased click here if so then this is intended to fit to a pc or laptop, to give them wireless capabilities.

Have you purchased this with a wirless router, or did you think that you were purchasing a router, if I have got the above product wrong then I can't help you.

lynnie 20:56 18 Dec 05

Hi Bazb

This is all becoming clear to why it is not working that is exactly what I have purchased yet my laptop has it built in, doh!

So back to Argos to look for a router this time.

Thanks for your help

bazb 21:22 18 Dec 05

Hi lynnie

make sure that it's a cable router (broadband via cable Telewest/NTL), and not one for ADSL (broadband via dialup), i'm not sure if Argos sell the cable ones.

Good luck Baz

mgmcc 21:49 18 Dec 05

As far as I'm aware *ALL* of the routers in the Argos catalogue are combined "ADSL Modem/Routers" and *NOT* suitable for use with Telewest Cable broadband.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…