Wireless problem

Chezzy 23:15 11 Dec 05

Have a problem connecting my laptop using a belkin card to my bt voyager 2091 wireless router. Got all the necc info into both units, The laptop see the BT voyager modem, but the laptop keeps retrieving a different IP address than the PC's. The voyager keeps telling me there is encrypted security or something. Any ideas.

Skills 23:58 11 Dec 05

"The laptop keeps retriving a different IP than the PC's"

Thats how it should be otherwise if you had you're other PC on at the same time the network would not be able to identify each one.

"The voyager keeps telling me there is encrytped security"

Have you enabled encryption on your wireless network? You need to input the correct encryption key into your laptop so that it can connect with the wireless network.

A way to get it all operating would be go into the routers setup and turn off encryption and then get your laptop to connect once you have that up and working re-enable encryption and enter the key into the laptop. This is done from the network connections in the control panel. Find your wireless connection right click | properties | wireless network tab | click on your network and choose properties and then enter the network key. Thats under XP

Chezzy 00:43 13 Dec 05

Many thanks Skills, problem solved.

Skills 00:52 13 Dec 05

No problems

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…