DAD7 09:06 25 Aug 05

I have recently networked my 2 desktop PC's but I also have a laptop that I'm trying to get onto the network via Wi-Fi, I know Wi Fi capability is enabled on the laptop, but when I try to connect it is unable to connect. Any ideas please, do I have to configure Internet Explorer?

mark_jm 09:20 25 Aug 05

you need to add the network name that your wifi box transmits to the list of wifinetworks on your lapton . There should be a utility program that is instaled on your laptop that relates to your wifi card. Add the new profile name and then select it as the default wifi network to connect to. If your have enabled wep security on your wifi box ( which you should do if you havnt) you will also need to add the encryption key to tyhe profile you just created. Wep will stop your next door neighbour from surfing the net on your connection( you could be liable for any funny stuff they night access if they do)

DAD7 09:36 25 Aug 05

Thanks, can I also access the router by the infrared port or will I have to use a Wi Fi adaptor? If I can by Infrared how do I set that up?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…