Wireless Problem

chalkie 19:27 21 Feb 05

Thanks to both who replied to my previous problem.
System Athlon 1200, Asus A7A motherboard and WinME.
I have a Belkin wireless keyboard and mouse(new) The computer will not recognise the mouse at all via the PS2 port. Is this normal or do I need to use them via USB to get everything working? From the manual it would appear that they should work in the PS2 ports?
Any ideas? Thanks again in advance. Chalkie.

TBH1 22:32 21 Feb 05

don't understand this - - -doesn't your mouse use the same receiver as your keyboard ? My setup, receiver plugs into usb port and keyboard and mouse talk via this - - - they may need 'tuning' into this receiver, you should have instructions for that.

chalkie 20:11 23 Feb 05

TBH1 thanks for the reply. The Belkin manual states that the keyboard and mouse will work via the ps2 ports OR usb. As I have all my usb ports in use I tried to connect them as above. The keyboard works but nothing from the mouse. I have done everything as instructed in the manual and can only assume that I will have to use usb to get this working. Chalkie.

JonnyTub 20:16 23 Feb 05

My wireless keyboard plugs into the ps2 ports, make sure you press the button on the underside of the mouse which should begin the communication between the mouse and receiver

chalkie 21:10 23 Feb 05

JT tried this four or five times. Had the same problem with a wireless keyboard and mouse I was given so purchased a new one (Belkin) I have checked batteries and the receiver is receiving the mouse signals ok as it flashes when mouse is moved or clicked but nothing will get it to work.
Am I missing some software? Chalkie.

TBH1 21:27 23 Feb 05

chalkie - it is possible that you have a 'duffer'. Try taking it back and changing it - - or, if you have a mate who is willing to try setup on his PC.

chalkie 21:28 24 Feb 05

Thanks for the ideas, I will get a mate with WinME to try it out before taking the trip back to PC World....I appear to have to take most things back to stores as I always have the bad one in the batch! Chalkie.

TBH1 23:42 24 Feb 05

chalkie - -don't you get goin' paranoid now- - -who said that ????

woodt 07:01 25 Feb 05

With ps2 ports I beleive you have to connect with the power off and the reboot. Did you do this? But if the setup works or your mates PC why not get a PCI card

click here

or Hub

click here

to give yourself more ports.

Also did you check for conflicts in device manager?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…