wireless printing problems

kev_t1982 11:38 06 Mar 06

Hi
I have just set up a small office network. We have a PC connected to a netgear DG 834v2 Modem router. From this runs a netgear WG 602v3 Wireless Access Point which allows 2 laptops to connect wirelessly to the internet. I have managed to set up this wireless connection securely through WPA.

I also wanted to be able to print wirelessly from the laptops but have been having real trouble with this. I bought a Axis Officebasic wireless G server, followed the instructions but still cannot print wirelessly. Can anyone help me with this, even if you had another way to print via the PC?? Am a newcomer to this stuff so please excuse in advance my ignorance!!

Cheers

Kev

Ross Murray 18:06 06 Mar 06

Easiest way is to have a printer connected via USB to your pc and:

With XP, go to control pannel, printers and faxes, right click your printer and select sharing and give it a name.

On the laptops, go to printers and faxes, printer and faxes, add a printer, select add a network printer. Browse for the printer on the PC and click ok.

Make sure that your PC with the printer is always on using this method, especially when browsing to add it too your network.

Should be as simple as that, and it works with me. I don't use a wireless print server so can't help you in that way...

kev_t1982 08:46 07 Mar 06

Cheers, reckon i'll ditch the wireless print server-seems to be too tempremental!!

Kev

mgmcc 09:22 07 Mar 06

If you are having problems using the Print Server "wirelessly", can it not be plugged directly into the Netgear Router with an ethernet cable? As the laptops are already connecting to the router "wirelessly" (via the plugged in Wireless Access Point), they would still have wireless printing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac