Wireless Printing HP 2510? Help ME!!

Adz1310 20:14 22 Nov 05

Anyone got a HP PSC 2510??
Anyone had problems networking it??
I seem to be able to make a connection through a ad-hoc connection and the light comes on, though cannot get to the configuration page through my web browser and the instalation finds my printer then restarts from the start anyone any ideas??
Thanks guys

mgmcc 20:58 22 Nov 05

The "PSC" is a multifunction device and, although you should be able to set it as a "shared" printer over the network, scanning and copying will only work from the PC it is actually connected to. If you are using a network print server, scanning won't work at all.

The alternative option I adopted was to use a USB switch, which lets me connect up to four computers to a single USB peripheral. This way, I have full functionality with the PSC from two PCs and a Mac.

<<< I seem to be able to make a connection through a ad-hoc connection and the light comes on >>>

An "Ad Hoc" connection to what and from what? If you mean a direct connection between two PCs, then this is a networking issue that needs to be sorted out first before getting involved in printer sharing.

<<< cannot get to the configuration page through my web browser and the instalation finds my printer then restarts from the start anyone any ideas?? >>>

What are you trying to configure via the web browser? Although routers are configured using a browser, WiFi network adapters are normally configured from their installation software and my HP PSC printer isn't set up with a web browser.

Adz1310 21:01 22 Nov 05

through the instructions it tells you to type in your ip address into a web browser to see the configuration details associated with the printer! I just can't seem to get it to work and to be honest may be just best using the USB cable!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…